Labels

awards (31) battle (7) books (4) event (40) FAB (39) fashion (135) gaga (5) lol (2) magazine cover (7) Malaysia boleh (1) monthly (6) movie premiere (23) movies (4) music (11) myself (4) random (6) red carpet (38) streetswear (3) UGH (39) video (9) weekly (5)

Saturday 30 July 2011

Fashion: July's Fashion Rundown

Since I'm now in a good mood and it's already the end of the last week of July, lets do a fashion rundown (before we get to the best).

Hillary Swank in Hugo Boss at the Hugo Boss fashion show in Berlin.
I love the pop of red on the nude dress. I also love that the black and red of her dress kinda complement the wall behind her. Hate the heels though.

Leslie Bibb in Prabal Gurung at the LA premiere of Zookeeper.


Super love the top. But I do have some issues with the hemming of the skirt though.

Olivia Palermo in Valentino Haute Couture at the Fashion Week in Paris.
Risk taking = super fabulous. Love the dress and I super love it that she didn't play it safe with the accessories but at the same time, it works. Well, not really sure about that furry creature she's holding, I'm talking about her necklace. Perfectly done. And she's gorgeous.

Olivia Palermo in DKNY at the DKNY Sun Soiree Event
And for this look, she plays with colors. Well I kinda hate the heels but she wears'em for a cause so I'm not going to be all too bitchy about it. I love the pop of pink but I wish it's a tad darker in shade. Other than that, perfection with a capital P.

Christina Aguilera in Givenchy to promote her fragrance in Munich.
Not her winning look but this is waaaaaaaaay better than what she have been wearing all this while.

Clemence Poesy in Chanel at the Paris premiere of HP7.
She can work a dress made of used toilet rolls but she herself look like a terrible mess. Terrible choice of heels though. You know, that's what interesting about this whole look. It's workable but she doesn't look like she's even trying.

Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar De La Renta dress and Salvatore Ferragamo blazer at the NYC premiere of HP7.
I'm not sure if I like her heels. Other than that, this look just spelled S-J-P. Including that rucksack. Nicely done.

Kyra Sedgwick in Zac Posen at the taping of the Late Night Show With David Letterman.
That dress itself is a terrible mess.

Nicole Kidman in Elie Saab at the NYC screening of the Snow Flower and The Secret Fan.
I don't have many comments on this one. It's quite perfectly done but a little too safe at the same time. And that heels are one very I-don't-know-what-you're-thinking choice.

Rose Byrne in Zimmerman at the Zimmerman Resort Collection dinner in LA.
This is not a way to pull off a shapeless dress. It's too long it almost look gunny-sack-ish. Love the detail on the dress but pairing a complicated dress with a complicated heels is not a smart choice. And the hair needs to be re-done.

Zoe Saldana in Chloe at the Foundation Polo Challenge.
There's something very Cuban high tea party in the late 40s about this look. I really love it. But this is a situation where a random pop of color is not very needed. Ditch that blue bracelet and she's good to go.

Camilla Belle in Dolce & Gabbana at the Real Madrid FC Meet and Greet event.
I can detect those hideous Miu Miu heels from miles away. Ugh. Anyway, she look pretty as always. Credits have to be given for her because it's not easy to pull off a loose-fitting dress with fur.

Jaime King in Valentino, hosting the Stand Up To Cancer Benefits event.
It kinda remind me of something Kate Bosworth wears to the 2010 MET Gala. Well, it looks pretty on her. The sheerness is a little bit intolerable though.

Miranda Kerr in LOVER at the opening of David Jones's store in Sidney, Australia.
This is the shorter version of the original version of the dress, which is way better. I don't like the sheerness in the bust part though. Rather than showing of her nude bra, I'd prefer more if she just go with a nude underlay. Super love those heels. Fierce!

Olivia Wilde in Emporio Armani at a Nylon Magazine bash.
I kinda love this funky look with a touch of glam but I'm not sure if lace boots is the way to go. I'm not sure if lace boots can actually go with anything.

Dita Von Teese in Vintage at the launch of the Cointreau MargaDita Cocktail.
I don't care about you who don't know Dita. Because in her world, this is a drop dead fabulous with a sweet taste of perfection.

Piper Perabo in LA.
And we end our fashion rundown with Piper here, who looks as if she have been ironing her dress with a steamroller. While she's wearing'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment