Labels

awards (31) battle (7) books (4) event (40) FAB (39) fashion (135) gaga (5) lol (2) magazine cover (7) Malaysia boleh (1) monthly (6) movie premiere (23) movies (4) music (11) myself (4) random (6) red carpet (38) streetswear (3) UGH (39) video (9) weekly (5)

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Not So First Class After All....

X-Men: First Class

Well, I'm talking about the cinema, not the movie. The picture is quite blurry and there are some gangguan(?) I dunno, overlap or some fancy movie terms happens in the middle of the movie. But it's kinda my fault. The movie should be premiering tomorrow here but I can't resist when they put a notice on the board that says: "Sneak Preview: X-Men First Class" and I was like "WWWWOOOOOAAAAAAAA I'm sooooo watching this. Thank God now I don't have to watch that stuffy annoying fat panda do kung-fu!"

And then I watch it. And it was fucking awesome.

What? It's fucking X-Men. No need to get all anal and cranky about it. It's the X-Men. I would even get up early on Saturday morning just to watch the cartoon version of it. I just enjoy the movie. And I have no time to notice and brag about:
  • How Xavier and Erik had, like, the best bromance ever. I mean, it's so touching when Erik tak jadi nak bomb all those war ships once he realized that his friend was injured although I can tell you, he's pretty evil right then.
  • That nerd guy turn blue (the then Beast?) after he turned down Mystique (then called Raven) because he said she's only beautiful when she's not, well, blue. Talk about karma's a bitch.
  • Which makes me wonder. I thought Beast was only terhasil(?) in the third X-Men installment which is like, way in the future. So where did the then Beast had gone?
  • It also makes me wonder. Did Mystique have sex with that demonic-looking teleportic guy to produce the Nightcrawler?
  • How all of'em, well except Xavier (who's although he's the one who turned out to be the weary, philosophical bald old man on wheelchair) have a bad history in their past (takkanla history in the future pulak. -____-). I can't help but to feel kesian to Erik, who lost his mom in front of his own eyes and went trough a lot of torture after that. And, like I said just now, how Mystique was turned down BY A NERD just because she's blue and scaly.
  • And yes, big surprise. Mystique used to have a thing on the then all-cute-and-puppy-eyes-and-head-full-of-hair Xavier! It'd be so cool if in the X-Men movie Mystique look at the balding, old and wrinkly Xavier and says something like "Looking good, Charles." Or did she?
  • Which brings me this: I freakin love it when Xavier jokes about how he's going to be bald. 
  • Wolverine and the future Mystique made a quite good cameo.
  • And girls can watch this too. There's a lot of eye candy in this movie. Even that bad guy who make tornado with his hand looks like he's an Italian Mafia going to his cousin's wedding all the time. Even at war; after he had been squashed under a pile of submarine's wall. That beach sand ain't got nothin' on his suit. NOTHIN'.
  • And lastly, on how when the bad guy mention the word 'slave', the camera focus on the black guy. And the black guy is the one (and only one to die) who died first...
Oh, and one thing more. There's no such term as super-skinny women until the 90s (that's when Kate Moss showed up) and the movie is set in the 60s. And it's quite disappointing how they don't give more attention to the time setting details like the clothes, the hair and stuff. I'm a fashion lover and I'm OFFENDED. I expect to see some 60s classy girl fashion but all I get is a woman who wears lingerie all the time (Emma Frost), a stripper who wears leather (that insect girl) and a naked woman (duh, Mystique). But what the heck. If I wanna see some good (and real clothes) I can go watch myself some good ol' chick-flick.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment